Friday, January 20, 2012

My Dad!

i believe i've probably mentioned in some previous entry that my dad is a guy with a really good sense of humor. he's gifted in that department! sometimes i like to share his stories.
he told this particular story to my sister this morning and it went like this:
my mom had to have that eye procedure done where they lifted her eyelids because they were impairing her vision. she had that done yesterday. my dad went with her this a.m. so that the doctor could check on things. when they went, my dad stayed about 10 ft. or so behind my mom so that it appeared they were not together. i guess my mom's face was really swollen and bruised...looked as if either she'd been in an accident or someone had whupped up on her head. my dad didn't want anyone thinkin' he had ANYTHING to do with the situation, hence the 10 ft.!!!

and another good one goes like this:
my dad is hard of hearing but refuses to wear his hearing aids. he and my mom were having a conversation and my dad's response to something my mom said was: "you're pregnant?" of course my mom fell out and then my dad followed suit. after telling me the story he's says: "i wasn't trying to be funny or anything. i really thought that's what your mother said!" Then he adds: "i know i'm a little hard of hearing but your mother mumbles!!!" Then i fell out!

the apple does not fall far from the tree, i might add. while on the phone with my sis this morning she said: "the rot people are here checking under the house." in my mind i am wondering why on a wet, stormy day she has people crawling around under her house looking for rot. so, i say to her: "you've got rot under your house?" there is a pregnant pause and she says: "rats." but i swear that again it sounded like rot so i say back to her as if SHE is hard of hearing: "rot?" all i heard was: "oh my god, i am calling dad to tell him about this!!" i know my hearing isn't as good as it used to be but if you'd heard her you would have thought she said rot, too!

No comments: