Saturday, September 15, 2012

Potty Mouth!

By default I have become the official "caller" at the senior bingo game on thursday afternoons.
Despite how easy the job may appear, it can actually be challenging given the bingo players and the seriousness with which they take the game. I sometimes feel a little intimidated and try hard not to make mistakes when I call. However, I can get bored and lose my focus on occasion. When that happens and I do make mistakes they are on it in a heartbeat. My consistent response is to say: shit! It makes them giggle (phew) and I tell them I can't help myself as my mother cusses like a sailor. This last Thursday one woman suggested an alternative to the 'S' word which was meadow muffin!!!  Cracked me right up. So, I have been practicing using it but it sure doesn't pack the same punch as the 'S' word!

No comments: