Monday, October 15, 2012

Spiritual Flunkie!

Here in northern CA. there is EVERY variety of spirituality you could imagine and then some!
Most everyone is "on a path" of some sort or other and I find what I call a spiritual elitism prevails...people, consciously or not, vying to be more evolved, more spiritual, more enlightened...
sometimes I wish I lived in a place where people didn't wear their spirituality so overtly and were good, kind, compassionate, giving people just because...guess it's the Midwesterner in me.
So, with all this pressure and my clear lack of spiritual advancement, I decided that I am a spiritual flunkie...which is kind of a relief, really. That way I can cuss, think negative thoughts, devote myself to nothing all that important, eat gluten and chocolate and not feel guilty!