Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The human heart...

Yesterday I was visiting with the clerk at the hardware store. When I asked her how she was she said she was having a bit of a rough morning because She just had found out that her brother very suddenly and unexpectedly passed away that morning. And I found it so striking that here she was with her heart just devastated having to hold it together and work. And how crazy is that? It reminded me again of how terribly off we are as a culture... You know, this separation that we are asked to live in our day-to-day world... a separation that is culturally condoned and encouraged and what that does to our souls and...
And I'm sure she had no idea that she stayed with me all day long very close to my heart... And even still today she is there.

No comments: