Monday, October 7, 2013

Bird messenger?

I was driving home the other evening at dusk when a bird flew from behind the driver side and landed in front of the car. It just sat on the road as I approached it at a very,very,very slow crawl. Then, when I got close enough it flew forward another 50 feet or so and sat in the road again. And, once again i very very slowly approached the bird. The third time it happened I stopped my car and I got out. I walked towards the bird and once I got within say 5 feet I stopped... It was hard to see even though the bird was illuminated in my headlights. I couldn't make out what kind of bird it was although I had a wondering if it was some sort of small owl. So I just stood there for a bit and then I took a step to get a little bit closer but as I did the bird flew away.
There is no doubt in my mind that the birds actions were intentional. Unfortunately, I am just a little too dense to understand the communication.

No comments: