Friday, June 17, 2011

She's back!

some of you are already familar with my 92 year old friend, harveylee. for those of you new to story hour, harveylee lives in northern ca about 6 months out of the year and the other 6 in waco, tx. her daughter and son in law operate the honey stand at our friday night occidental market and she tags along. so, friday evening is my date night with her. we sit and gab up a storm...and do some serious people watching! The girl is a crack up and we giggle alot. this evening we were talking to a third person and all of a sudden i feel harveylee's elbow nudge me pretty good on my arm...i look at her and she gives me the code which means i am supposed to look where she's looking. of course, i do, but what's unfortunate is that i look at the exact moment the young woman we are openly staring at gets hep to the fact we are checking her out and i have to quickly redirect my eyes northward! i don't think i was particularily successful! the occidental market is an EXCELLENT people watching venue...better than airports or bus stations...well, different anyway!  harveylee was pointing out a particularily short skirt this woman was wearing. you know, the kind that BARELY covers the butt...and it was lace!!! not that unusual for occidental but when you live in waco...well you are apt to see big hair and lots of creative make-up application but not a skirt like that. so, harveylee thought it important to bring to my attention... and then we both cracked up!!!

1 comment:

Gina Kelly said...

I would love to meet her!