Saturday, December 10, 2011

50 NOT 21!!!

Last night my sister, a good friend and i went out for dinner in Berkeley. As a certified country bumpkin, it is always fun, entertaining and sometimes even a little shocking to hang out in an urban setting. The stimulation factor alone makes me spinny headed! There is so much to look at...i did get lots of fashion tips tho...both the do's and the don'ts!
So, as we finish dinner the waitress comes over and has two glasses on her tray...one has a lit birthday candle in it. i cringe thinking there was going to be singing, etc. But no, the waitress says that she and i are going to chug this glass full of guiness stout and it's a race between us! I think to myself: "shit, i'm turning fitty, not 21 and my liver shouts: "no, don't do it!!" Really though, what's a girl to do? The girls are cracking up, the waitress is waiting....so, i insist on knowing her name before chugging together, we say cheers and...well, i think she went easy on me, thank goodness! However, i did actually finish not too, too long after her and we shared a high five. i had a moment of....hmmm, i wonder if this is going to stay down but all was well.
our night was just getting started for we had a concert to get to. and not just any concert, no sireeeeeeee.we were headed to BLAME SALLY, my current favorite girl band! They were TOTALLY awesome. i tell you what, them girls can rock...it was some kinda fun.
Well, there was some scopin' goin' on, of course! i mean, a girl couldn't help herself, really. My friend had some advice on how to meet the girls. First, you scope out the girl you wanna meet and then have one or more of your friends (affectionately referred to as winggirls) start up a conversation with the gal and then slyly remove themselves from the conversation, leaving you and girl of interest to chat it up. i think it's good in theory but for someone like myself, i'm not sure i could hold up without my winggirls present...my nervous condition would prevent me from uttering a word...and that would just be so embarrassing i would want to die right then and there. Fortunately, i didn't have to test the waters!
It was a fabulous time and i think the recovery period is going to be minimal!

No comments: