Friday, December 2, 2011

Last Rites!!!

Well today I took my old art car to it's new retirement home. As I was driving I was reminded why I loved the art on that car so dang much...it really made people smile! Ya know, I would be stopped at a light and look over to see someone beaming a big smile my way...and I would smile back. Or invariably when I was parked somewhere kids wanted to check it out and would drag their adult over to see it! It was so fun to watch them meet all the animals! When my dad first saw all the art on the car he asked me in a very serious tone why on earth I would want to do something like that. And I answered: "for fun!!!"
So, it was a fitting end today when I took Azure (that was my cars name) to the old age home that a pair of very cute, thirty something gay boys started chatting me up about the car. They LOVED it!!! It got me to reflecting on Azure and how much joy she'd brought to people. Then as I was standing outside with one of the boys and we were looking at my car he said: "wow, this car really does bring a smile to my heart." And then we joked about Azure having purpose right up until the very end.

No comments: