Monday, December 19, 2011

Road trip!

On the first leg of our road trip we drove down I-5 which for those of you not from CA....
Well, let's just say ya wanna be off it as soon as ya get on it. LOTS of huge agribusiness, fouled air, etc. Yer basic armpit of existence.
Anyways, we were gassin' up and my friend did something hilarious and I was bent over double laughing. A big ol fella in overalls and baseball cap walked by looking at us kinda funny... Not sure if he should be worried or not. Finally he gets it that something funny is going on and he gets tickled, too... And keeps walking into the store with a big smile on his face. My friend and I recover and the same guy walks back out of the store and starts chatting us up. Friendly as can be...bright eyes...then out of the blue he says: "you like guns?" Maybe u had to b there but for some reason I found that very funny and I had to pee really bad...generally not a good combo. I think I said under my breath: "oh no..." but my friend engaged him about the topic...you might guess he had strong opinions! Called CA commufornia and said he wanted to live in AZ where you can openly carry firearms...and my friend blurts out: "not in the courthouse!" Our new friend could agree with that rule! Anyways, the whole exchange reminded me why I LOVE road trips...
This last part might get me in trouble but oh well!
I said to my friends how much I liked that guy...cuz he was just bein' his straight up guy self and NOT trying to cultivate his feminine side, get in touch with his emotions or shed his masculine demons!!! There's a way ya can trust a fellar like that if ya ask me!

No comments: