Thursday, November 28, 2013

Magic!

After an exhausting time on the phone with my mom and being hung up on twice earlier in the day, I decided it was best not to answer if she called again. However, when she called again tonight I decided enough time had passed that maybe the  conversation might be different. As we were talking and she asked if we could talk about the "hot" topic, I told her we could but only if she were nice. I told her that otherwise I would hang up. So, after not very long she started to have a "tone"  in her voice. I stopped her and reminded her that she had to be nice or else. Short of the long is that as a consequence of her being nice she got the results she was after...which were that when she is scheduled to take her driving test she will call to let me know and her car keys (which my sister and i took from her) will magically appear. At the end of our conversation I kind of jokingly asked her what the moral of the story was and she said: "when you are nice, magic happens."

No comments: