Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Last Word!

One of the residents at Camp Forum is a wizard practical joker. He told some hilarious stories from his younger years. It's a wonder he's still alive! I had the pleasure of playing a couple jokes on him while I was there. He'd loaned my dad an electric shaver so one day I said to him: "geez, you wouldn't believe it but my dad cut himself with your electric shaver." I watched his face all of a sudden get serious with concern. He sincerely asked if it was a bad cut and I said with a completely straight face: "well, no, i mean it didn't require stitches or anything!"
Then I busted up and said: "I got you!"
He smiled though I knew the game was on and I had better watch out  as I was going to be the recipient of one of his jokes.
Fast forward to the day before my departure from Camp Forum. I was hugging he and his sweet wife goodbye and as they got on the elevator I said: "remember, I can still get you from afar."
So, I hope he got a good chuckle (and not a heart attack) when he found a big ol fake spider I had my sister (who claims she wore gloves when handling said spider so as not to be implicated) leave in their mailbox after my departure!!!

No comments: