Friday, December 27, 2013

Another bookend day!

Yesterday I spent time with two individuals who are at opposite ends of the age spectrum.
They also appear to be in different relationships to the Life adventure.


My 7 month old buddy, Gavin, is just beginning his exploration of...well, everything! I am truly fascinated watching him relate to the world. No joke. It brings me to tears quite often to see the ways he interfaces with humans, animals, sounds, etc. and the way his little system "processes" his experience. To be honest, it has brought to the surface a sense of regret at not having kids...or being a parent. But, I get to be an auntie and that's great, specially cuz I get to sleep through the night!


I spent the afternoon with my 95 year old friend, HarveyLee. It, too, is fascinating to watch her process of disengaging from life. While she is very much still here, part of her is also elsewhere. We got to laugh and talk though it's getting harder for her to actually hear which can make it hard for her to understand things. She's in a wheelchair now which, like many people, she resisted at first. But, once she got in and was made mobile again, she signed on!!!
I was so happy to spend time with her.

No comments: