Thursday, December 12, 2013

Oh Joy

Once again I have the great good fortune of hanging out with a delight full oldster.
I must have good karma in that dept. as I  get hooked up with such sweet, kind folks who also happen to live in lovely locales.
I think I've rattled on about this before but one of the things I really do love about this generation is that they, for the most part, have lived and thrived very independently of technology as we know it today. It sometimes feels like their cells are made of something different because of that. My person said today in regard to a possible family reunion: "I'm not going to pay if kids are going to come and sit with gadgets in their hands."
Though I have one of those gadgets and have become increasingly reliant on it, it is not at all hard to imagine how weird it must be for someone like her...like she is living in some strange and less relational world.
*******************

Somehow we got on the death topic...
One of the things she said made me smile a big smile:
"If anything were to happen to me tomorrow, I want you to say yipee!
She's had a great life and is ready to go...

No comments: