Saturday, February 22, 2014

Once Upon A Fox

Yesterday I made myself almost late to an event because as I was getting ready to leave I noticed our fox neighbor napping on our deck! I had to just watch her for awhile...as she got up, scratched a few fleas then repositioned herself more comfortably against a wooden chair. As much as I was looking forward to and was excited about the event I was going to, I could just have happily stayed home with the fox.
This afternoon as I was returning home I got a phone call from my land mate telling me that the fox (presumably the same one?) was napping on a chaise lounge on the deck. Sure enough, there she was sawin' logs while laying on a blanket my neighbor had put on the lounger for herself earlier in the day!
She must have napped for a good 3 hours. As it was getting almost dark I sat outside "with" her. Finally, she got up, stretched and then I lost sight of her. I just rested my head on my knees with my eyes closed and listened. Not very long later I felt an energetic shift and when I lifted my head she was about 10 ft away drinking some water. Then she sauntered down the path and headed out the driveway. A couple minutes later I heard her bark...maybe she was looking for her family, maybe for dinner, maybe announcing the end of the day. In any case, I sure look forward to the possibility of seeing her again tomorrow.

No comments: