Wednesday, February 5, 2014

S L O W!!!

I was chatting with a dear old friend tonight and somehow we hit the topic of being a slow person...swapping stories of our experience as a slow mover in an increasingly fast paced world. We both were saying it was so great to know someone else that experienced the world very similarly. She was telling me that one of her favorite critters as a kid was a snail!!!
She was also sharing that when people tell her to hurry up, which they have done her entire life, she actually has to go slower. She said: "If I go any faster than my top speed, I wobble...literally!!!"
I fell out on that one. She is my number one candidate for being a board member of The Slower Life Movement, for sure...and will be receiving a Slower Life Movement t-shirt with "Born Slow" on the back!

No comments: