Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's Here, Again!

Happy yellow month to one and all! In northern California, the daffodils, acacias, and the mustard all bloom their own resplendent shades of yellow right about now. They, along with the return of the western bluebirds and the red winged blackbirds, signal the coming of spring. I heard my first red winged black bird of the season the other day and my heart smiled as it did today when I saw that my bluebird friends were back in the hood. It won't be long before they are busily preparing their nests for the first brood of the season. One of my favorite spring time activities is to watch that process which, in the end, culminates with their funny looking babies fledging the nest!
(the theme song from the Mary Tyler Moore show softly plays in the backround: we're gonna make it after all...)

No comments: