Friday, April 6, 2012

A Cute Little Visitor



Last night our friend, Nube,  (pictured above) had a sleepover at our house. She's as sweet as she looks and wants nothing more than to spread the love (well, treats are a close second!) So, she was a wee bit taken aback when the first individual she "met" upon her arrival was Liza, my bad ass girl cat. If given a choice Liza would really prefer to be the one and only animal in my world. She has never taken a liking to any other animal as Simon, my boy cat can verify! Even when she moved into my house that I shared with my then cat, Willy, she had an ongoing pissy attitude with him as well and it was HIS house. Anyway, when Nube walked in she had something to say! Puffed up and hissing, she let Nube know not to take one tiny little step closer or else! Fortunately, Nube was all too happy to oblige and didn't even want to look in Liza's direction! Simon bolted behind the lazy girl and just watched. Before coming to live with us, Simon lived with and loved his dog, Jasper...used to hug him, bump him and curl up right next to him for sleep! But since then Simon hasn't made any other dog friends. However as the night wore on he kept getting closer and closer to Nube while revving up his motor. It sure seemed like he wanted to be friends but he just had that little bit of hesitation. Nube was perfectly polite and tried not to look too hard at Simon cuz it seemed like she knew it would scare him off. The night went well with Nube sleeping in her bed in the main room and the cats in the bed with me. Nube's person said she loves to snuggle in the bed but I knew if I brought her onto the bed I may as well have moved into the doghouse!!!
This morning brought more ease for everyone (well, as much ease as my girl is capable of anyway!) Simon and Nube touched noses and hung out on the porch sunning themselves. I do think that if Nube stayed here longer the two of them would have struck up a friendship. But, her mom missed her terribly and she had to go home late this morning.
Liza was a happy camper!

No comments: