Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lucky Duck

Yesterday I awoke to a very quiet morning round here...so quiet that at about 100ft. away I could hear the cows ripping the grass up and chewing, chewing, chewing. That there is a soothing sound. Then when I was having my morning pee I happened to glance into the woods behind my cabin and there was a coyote no more than 30ft. away (separated by a 8 ft. deer fence) She was ah itchin' and ah scratchin' sumthin' fierce. Seems like she'd just get settled in for a rest and then have to scratch the hell outta some body part. Eventually though, she found a good nappin' spot at the base of an oak with the sun shinin' upon her beauty-full , wily self.

Then this a.m. I awoke to both the smells of a medicinal broth I had put in the crock pot last night that cooked throughout the night and the blooming jasmine just outside my bedroom window. I lay in the bed with the sun shinin' on my face and felt crazy lucky.

1 comment:

Gina Kelly said...

You ARE crazy lucky - sounds like heaven to me. :)