Thursday, April 26, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Young, Handsome Men!

On Wednesday mornings I volunteer at the Occidental Arts and Ecology Center in the gardens. There are a group of "regulars" that come weekly and then usually a fair amount of people that show up less regularly. One of the things I love about going is that it tends to draw a younger crowd (20's and 30's) who are, in general, doing interesting things and are excited about making change in the world. Yesterday I was working with a young, handsome man. He was inquiring about my name. I told him I received that name when I was in high school. His response: "Wow, you've had that name a long time." All I said was "ouch" and he immediately started back pedaling, trying to explain what he REALLY meant! We both had a good laugh!

No comments: