Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dr. Simon, Again...

I fell into bed last night exhausted from a really long work day. I also was feeling...kinda a full continuum of mixed emotions as well. When I let Simon in the door in the wee hours he came directly to my head and wanted under the covers. The next thing I remember he and I were literally face to face...i could feel and hear him breathing...even smell his breath and he probably mine. i remember feeling comforted and the sweetness of having our faces smooshed up together. it wasn't until today that i realized, once again, he was doctoring me up. hard to explain how that is but it felt really clear as the day wore on. i feel so deeply grateful to understand that and even more grateful that he, and most all our animal companions, are often making efforts on our behalf even though we may not recognize it.

No comments: