Friday, May 31, 2013

Entertainment Value

My oh my! My neighbor was discarding a book called: Sunset's Western Hostess Guide which was first published in 1938. I feel like I scored a treasure and been having a great time reading it. Now, fortunately or unfortunately for you I am going to have to share some of the more entertaining snippets!

Guests for Luncheon
It's a woman's world when it comes to luncheon parties. Lunch before bridge, lunch for a visiting guest, lunch for a club committee, for a new bride, or bride-to-be--no matter what the occasion it usually means you are playing hostess to anywhere from four to twelve women guests. Naturally you want the party to be perfect! Perhaps somewhere lives the hostess who doesn't want to impress her luncheon guests just a little bit--with the charm and distinction of her table and menu-but she's certainly not possessed of natural feminine instincts.

No comments: