Friday, May 10, 2013

Mama Love!

Warning: this story has some gory details that might gross some of you out.
Yesterday my boy cat, Simon, caught a gopher. He was ripping it up as he does in order to eat it. Liza, my older girl cat sat only a few feet away. She wasn't really "watching" him but I do think she was vibbin' him so that he might offer up some of that tasty treat! I happened to walk by and notice the situation. I spoke quietly to simon and asked him if I could give some to Liza as he's been known to growl when taking one of his gophers away. I have never done this before but I ripped about a third of the gopher off and left him the remainder. I showed it to Liza and she followed me a little ways away (so as not to instigate any fighting!) I watched her gnaw on it for awhile without successfully being able to chew it into bites. She was going to eat the entire chunk. Instead, I took my garden clippers and cut up the gopher into bite sized pieces which she happily gobbled up in a quick second!
This all occurred around their dinner time so after eating their respective gopher parts they both came in the house and assumed the "waiting for dinner" position...as if I hadn't just seen them both eat "dinner!!!"

No comments: