Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Inadvertent Joke!

I love to play practical jokes on people. It's genetic. Just to give you an example, a couple of years back my sister and I were waiting at the airport for our parents arrival. We were earnestly searching the escalator for our folks when all of a sudden I felt something hit the back of my knee. I whipped around to find my mom had pushed my dad's wheelchair into said knee. They were both cracking up!!!

In this case I wasn't even trying to play a joke (specially cuz it involved my recently deceased cat) but it ended up being a pretty good one. The back story is this: after I'd had Liza, my cat, on ice for a couple nights so that I could keep her next to me on my bed, I then put her in my neighbors freezer. I knew I wanted to shore myself up before taking her to the vets to be cremated, hence the freezer to prevent her body from decomposing. I realized there was some possibility that even though my neighbors had already moved out someone might open the door to the freezer for whatever reason. So, I put a note on the freezer that read: cat corpse in freezer...please do not disturb. Fast forward to this morning. My neighbors were giving their official vacate notice as of this a.m. and I figured it was likely the broker would be out sooner than later. I got Liza fairly early and put her in my car but forgot to remove the note. Sure enough, a little while later G, the broker, came knocking on my door regarding other business. Then he said: "hey, someone played a good joke on me with this note" and he showed me my note. I started laughing and told him the story. His eyes got big and he looked relieved to have NOT found a dead cat in the freezer first thing this a.m!!!!!!

No comments: