Saturday, May 18, 2013

Holy Foods!

I was meaning to look at crackers but someone else caught my eye! He was a little Maltese in someones shopping cart. I looked at his person and wasn't sure if I should approach her dog but then decided to just go for it. While playing with the dog I asked her if it was OK? She said it was fine but that sometimes he gets a little wound up and will start barking. I played with him for a few minutes and then struck up a conversation with his person. She told me the dog's name was Chachkey (terribly wrong spelling of a Yiddish word) and I cracked up. We chatted a bit longer and then her husband walked up...or at least I think that's who they were to each other. A very, very, odd looking couple...she an east coast jew, round and dark in her late 60's early 70's tops and he a white haired, blue eyed tall and thin 89 y.o. who looked like he just walked off the farm. When he walked up she introduced us (his name is Hamilton) but his eyes didn't appear to be looking at mine even though he was talking to me...like he was looking over my shoulder or something. We ended the conversation and all went on our way. A couple minutes later Hamilton walked up to me and said very sincerely: "When I met you I got the feeling I needed to pray for you." Tears immediately welled up in my eyes and I told him that yes, I would appreciate that and then told him about what was happening. He asked if he could take my hand to which I said yes. So, there we were smack dab between the Kettle chips and the coconut water holding hands, heads bowed and Hamilton praying a very sweet prayer. I had moments of thinking it was the most hilarious thing in the world, grinning from ear to ear and then feeling the genuine and earnest heart prayer coming from Hamilton and felt incredibly moved.
I swear, I've had some of the most amazing experiences in just about every aisle there at Holy Foods!

No comments: