Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bat Girl!



Oops, I couldn't figure out how to rotate this photo...but if you turn your head to the right you can see the individual with whom Simon and I shared our first night in our/her new home! Soon after I turned the light out to go to sleep, the little missus began flying around. I couldn't just open the door for her to fly out b/c I didn't want Simon to go outside at night in a place he was not familiar with. Soooooooo, I put Simon's harness on him in the middle of the night, tied it to my finger cuz I wasn't sure I could keep myself awake till the bat flew out and opened the door as wide as possible. I remember waking back up at some juncture and realizing the bat had left. I closed the door, unharnessed Simon and konked back out. I must say it was a rather event-full first night and I am hoping tonight is less so!

No comments: