Friday, June 28, 2013

Bedtime Lullabies

It is rarely warm enough here at night to wear one's birthday suit outside. Last night, however, was an exception. So, late at night I walked outside to look at a sky full, full, full of stars...and as I was looking up a movement caught in my peripheral vision. I looked towards the movement and at first thought it might be Simon but quickly realized it was not. I had to do that night thing where you don't look directly at the object but rather at its field which is what I did and recognized that it was our fox neighbor tiptoeing around just outside my little yard. I think it found me through scent rather than sight and when it did, it made a u turn and quietly disappeared. Gosh, their energy is lovely to be around...very much a presence that is both strong and soft. Anyways, I continued to look at stars till I couldn't stay awake any more and put myself to bed. I remember falling asleep hearing both the fox and great horned owl voices.
************************
When I was out last night I was talking to several plants telling them I was going to transplant them today and that I would do it as early as I could cuz it was going to be a hot day, etc.
Then I walked over to the little patch of just getting ready to bloom cosmos...I asked them if just one of them could bloom before I have to go and sure enough this morning one beauty-full orange face was smiling in the sun!




No comments: