Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bath Day!


As I was letting the tub fill with water I was holding Edward and Hershe down so their bodies would absorb the moisture. However, I made sure their little faces didn't get wet! It's true. Though I am mostly a grown up person, I stood there and told them not to worry, I wouldn't let them get water in their eyes or mouth. Awhile later a friend came over to help me move. She walked into the bathroom and startled at the bears in the tub and then proceeded to tell me the sweetest stories of how she would talk to her stuffed animals as a kid. I knew immediately she was the one to finish giving them a bath. When I told her to make sure not to put their heads under water she looked at me and said: "of course not" as if that were an absurd thing to even think she might!
That was a few days ago and Edward (his friends call him Pooh) is still fairly wet and oddly shaped. Perhaps once he thoroughly dries I can reconfigure his figure and sew up the joints that got torn from the bath. Bathing the elderly is a delicate matter.

No comments: