Friday, June 21, 2013

Stuff, Stuff, Stuff

Since I am moving to a temporary home, I am putting the bulk of my stuff in a 10 x 13 storage locker. And I know for a fact that once I have moved into my new digs I will not miss much, if any, of it. Which then begs the question: why have any of it?
Storage facilities have the same effect on me that dumps do. For some reason the amount of waste we create and the amount of stuff most of us have is just so...I dunno, in a way I suppose it reflects the worst of American values, that of overconsumption.
On a brighter note my garden is as big a project as my inside stuff. I will definitely miss seeing the plants grow throughout the summer...tho they are being cared for by friends so I can visit!!!
That's the kind of "stuff" I'd prefer to have :)

No comments: