Thursday, March 27, 2014

Covered CA, My Booty

I had the great good fortune of going to an enrollment counselor today to help me sign up for health insurance. I'd started the process online but at a certain juncture was SO frustrated I was ready to throw my computer out the flipping window. If ya gotta do shit like that they oughta make it easy. Anyways, this young woman who was helping me was so much fun. Partway through my sister cut in line and joined us and we just laughed our way through the process. We found out that she (the enrollment counselor) really likes Chocolate so I left and came back to give her some I was SOOO grateful.
As we were wrapping up she told us she works full time for Healthcorp (similar to Peacecorps) and doesn't even make enough money to have any kind of insurance but Medicare. How ironic is that?

No comments: