Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Wow'd

Today I saw the mama of a new born baby tuck her cell phone into a pocket so that the phone was actually resting against her child...
I know many people don't believe there are any "bad" effects from our cell phones. However for years we were told there were no ill effects from second hand smoke, either. 
I wish more of us understood the concept that invisible doesn't mean harmless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On another topic of "exposure"...
I also wish people understood the impact of cologne, perfume, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, body products, etc and the effect that has not only on their own immune system but also on others. I recently re-found this pamphlet:




I made a number of copies and I am leaving them in public spaces. Of course I can't ever know who will find them or if they will even be read. But, even if just one more person on the planet understands it then yay...a little bit less exposure for those of us that experience the harmful impact of such products.


1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Dear God, don't tell me you are now the anti-hygiene pamphlet fairy. Clearly, you do not live in a climate that routinely gets above 85 with 100% humidity in summer. And I think your nose is well above most everybody's pit level during said months. Now admittedly, I did not read said pamphlet, because the text was too small for these old eyes and I am too incompetent to figure out how to enlarge it. But please, don't tell me I need to give up personal hygiene products in summer. This girl is addicted to Shower to Shower powder...