Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Too Fast?

I'm reading a book called:
In Praise of Slowness; Challenging the Cult of Speed that a friend sent me in the mail as a sue-prize. I'm just a few pages into it and already loving it. I wanted to share a few snippets.

"... The electronic media is dominated by what one French sociologist dubbed 'le fast thinker'- a person who can, without skipping a beat, summon up a glib answer  to any question."

"Our impatience is so implacable that, as actress-author Carrie Fisher quipped, even "instant gratification" takes too long."

Carlo Petrini, founder of the Slow Food Movement, says:
"Being slow means that you control the rhythms of your own life. You decide how fast you have to go in any given context. If today I want to go fast, I go fast; if tomorrow I want to go slow, I go slow. What we are fighting for is the right to determine our own tempos."

No comments: